Monday, April 18, 2011

Pakistan Cricketer Zulqarnain to return Home on April 24

KARACHI: Former Pakistan wicket-keeper Zulqarnain Haider, who fled to London last year citing death threats from match-fixers, has said he will return home and cancel his application for asylum in Britain.

Zulqarnain was reassured by a meeting with Pakistani interior minister Rehman Malik in London last week, and will seek to resume his cricket career, he said.
“After meeting with (the) interior minister and getting assurance of my and my family’s safety in Pakistan, I have decided to return home on April 24,” Zulqarnain, 24, told Pakistani private TV channels GEO and others from London.
“After getting this assurance there is no need for me to continue with my asylum application, which I will withdraw,” he said late Saturday.

Click here to Read Full Story…

0 comments: